Question Unsure if my motherboard just bricked my GPU

Apr 28, 2020
I was playing rainbow six siege today and my game randomly crashed and I had to reboot, tried getting back on into the match and then kept crashing and getting kicked. Opened NZXT cam to see that my CPU temp wasn’t being displayed. Opened the bios to see what was going on and seen my 4.2 GHz 3700x was down to 3.6 GHz. Reset the bios and rebooted. Tried stress testing the Overclock and then it crashed again, rebooted, then my NZXT cam wasn’t detecting a Graphics card, so I rebooted and then had pink dots all over my screen and my screen was zoomed out, can anyone help me figure out why this happened and what I should do?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Check windows event viewer, look for critical errors (red flagged). They'll hapoen at severe windows disruptions, like major driver failures, bsod, shutdowns etc. Might give a direction.

With Ryzens, speeds that low indicate the cpu was overheating.

With gpus, artifacts like dots are usually due to bad/overheated vram. But can also be due to driver errors. Driver errors can happen due to corrupted data in sudden crashes. Data corruption can also hapoen due to storage failures/malfunctions/overheating.

If I had to guess, I'd say you suffered a total lack of exhaust and your intense gaming turned the entire pc into a hot box, affecting everything simultaneously.

Apr 28, 2020
Check windows event viewer, look for critical errors (red flagged). They'll hapoen at severe windows disruptions, like major driver failures, bsod, shutdowns etc. Might give a direction.

With gpus, artifacts like dots are usually due to bad/overheated vram. But can also be due to driver errors. Driver errors can happen due to corrupted data in sudden crashes. Data corruption can also hapoen due to storage failures/malfunctions/overheating.

If I had to guess, I'd say you suffered a total lack of exhaust and your intense gaming turned the entire pc into a hot box, affecting everything simultaneously.
The thing is, I checked the temp in the Bios for the cpu and I had been playing for 2 hours at that time and it was only around 60C and my GPU has never ran over 65C ever before, that’s why I don’t understand why everything happened the way it did and thanks for the advice and useful information

Apr 28, 2020
The thing is, I checked the temp in the Bios for the cpu and I had been playing for 2 hours at that time and it was only around 60C and my GPU has never ran over 65C ever before, that’s why I don’t understand why everything happened the way it did and thanks for the advice and useful information

also the event viewer was a great idea, but the screen is so blurry I can’t make anything out