[SOLVED] Unsure if my new build will work out of the box

Feb 26, 2021
My old PC recently died (Pretty sure it’s the PSU that died) however I’ve taken this chance to upgrade and I’ve already purchased (striving today) a Ryzen 5 3600 and a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite AM4 motherboard I ignorantly made the purchase after seeing AM4 and upon reading around a bit I’ve discovered that it’s best to flash the bios as the old stock of B450s might not work with 3rd gen processors. I’m upgrading from AM3+ using a FX 8350 so I don’t have access to a 1st or second gen AM4 to use while flashing, is there anything I can do other than seeing if it works when they arrive?

Solution
My old PC recently died (Pretty sure it’s the PSU that died) however I’ve taken this chance to upgrade and I’ve already purchased (striving today) a Ryzen 5 3600 and a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite AM4 motherboard I ignorantly made the purchase after seeing AM4 and upon reading around a bit I’ve discovered that it’s best to flash the bios as the old stock of B450s might not work with 3rd gen processors. I’m upgrading from AM3+ using a FX 8350 so I don’t have access to a 1st or second gen AM4 to use while flashing, is there anything I can do other than seeing if it works when they arrive?
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

As long as it comes with BIOS version F40 or higher it...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

As long as it comes with BIOS version F40 or higher it will work out of the box.

That was released on 5/16/2019 so unless it was manufactured before that date it would work.

Solution