[SOLVED] Unsure of my current build, but also concerned about stock

Dec 3, 2020
Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm trying to build a PC, and have come up with this build:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rwN7p2

Do you reckon I could run hefty VR games like alyx, bone works and the new MOH?

My main concern is the GPU, the 3070 is out of stock everywhere, for seemingly the next few months. Hence, with the 3060ti in stock here, I wasn't sure if I should just buy now and go with the 3060ti instead.

Thanks for reading.
James

Solution
3060Ti is supposedly as fast as an RTX2080 Super... you could track down some benchmarks for those games with that card. Probably out of stock now since you took the time to ask though...

Not sure what the extra Corsair fans are for, those are some loud ones though. You might also want to consider a decent heatsink for the CPU. Stock one is okay, but if you want those boost clocks all the time, a good idea.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
3060Ti is supposedly as fast as an RTX2080 Super... you could track down some benchmarks for those games with that card. Probably out of stock now since you took the time to ask though...

Not sure what the extra Corsair fans are for, those are some loud ones though. You might also want to consider a decent heatsink for the CPU. Stock one is okay, but if you want those boost clocks all the time, a good idea.

Reactions: Hamez23
Solution
Dec 3, 2020

Thanks for getting back to me. Haha you are right, I was too late for both that and the Amazon 3070 stock just now! Not to worry, more time to research....

I don't mind about how loud the PC is as I'm quite deaf anyway. I was hoping they'd help a bit better with temps as my room gets quite hot if I leave the radiator on.

Thanks