Question Unsure of spec requirements for an engineering degree.

Aug 20, 2019
Hi everyone

I know there’s lots of people out there looking for help for their engineering degree but I’m quite unsure on what types of components I’d need for that. I used to be in the PC building look but now I am quite unfamiliar with specs and such. Essentially- looking for a good bang for buck, thin laptop that is not 2 in 1. Touchscreen not necessary. I’d like it to be still relatively good specced for the next 6 years so a bit of future proofing will definitely help, maybe with room for ram upgrades/ cpu gpu upgrades. Although i do not know if everything is soldered nowadays. I also do not game competitively so an extreme refresh rate is not necessary, and the screen does not have to be crazy quality however at least 1440p would be nice.

Thank you for all your help.

Edit- just realized I should be following a format for this kind of stuff, I apologize.

I would also like to add I prefer a premium feel, maybe metal. I also want a reputable company with good warranty and support. Thank you

Last edited:

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
With regard to the tech specs, you really will want to ask the school you intend to attend.

They almost certainly have a minimum and ideal specification set for hardware that users in an engineering program will want/need to have.