[SOLVED] Unsure of what Corsair Obsidian Series PC case I should purchase for new gaming PC

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
Hi there,

I'm hoping to build a new Ryzen 7 3700x based gaming PC that will have a X570 motherboard and RTX 2070 Super graphics card and I was intending on getting Corsair Obsidian 750D PC case for the build.

However there is a smaller version of the Obsidian series called the 450D and I don't know whether to get the larger 750D or the smaller 450D for my build.

I'm just wondering if anyone who has experience with the cases could provide advice on which one I should choose? I've read that larger cases provide better airflow than smaller cases but I've also read that it doesn't make much of a difference. I assumed that I should get the 750D because of the larger RTX 2070 Super graphics card.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Are you fixated with the Corsair Obsidian series? If so you could look at a more compact and concurrent chassis from Corsair's portfolio. The case you've listed are a couple of years old. I'd ask you to look at Fractal-Design's lineup since they are somewhat similar in design cues but they are a better build quality and design aesthetic.

floored63

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
Hi there,

I'm hoping to build a new Ryzen 7 3700x based gaming PC that will have a X570 motherboard and RTX 2070 Super graphics card and I was intending on getting Corsair Obsidian 750D PC case for the build.

However there is a smaller version of the Obsidian series called the 450D and I don't know whether to get the larger 750D or the smaller 450D for my build.

I'm just wondering if anyone who has experience with the cases could provide advice on which one I should choose? I've read that larger cases provide better airflow than smaller cases but I've also read that it doesn't make much of a difference. I assumed that I should get the 750D because of the larger RTX 2070 Super graphics card.

Thanks
Get the 750D airflow version i bought one about two months ago when it was on sale its a great case to work with really good airflow my temps dropped a couple of degrees from the midtower i had the motherboard in before.
It has a ton of room for just about any aio or custom loop and it still has spaces for a cdrom .

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
Are you fixated with the Corsair Obsidian series? If so you could look at a more compact and concurrent chassis from Corsair's portfolio. The case you've listed are a couple of years old. I'd ask you to look at Fractal-Design's lineup since they are somewhat similar in design cues but they are a better build quality and design aesthetic.
I'm not totally fixated on the Obsidian series. It's just that the 750D seems to be quite popular on Amazon. It got good marks from Linus and others on Youtube etc.

I'm looking for a discreet, non-flashy PC case. I'm not into RGB lights and that kind of stuff at all. I just want a very minimalistic black PC case. To be honest, after you mentioned the Fractal-Design cases I've gone down a rabbit hole for the last few hours looking for different kinds of PC cases. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the selection.

Now, I'm starting to question my initial choice of getting the 750D because it's quite a big PC case. I assumed I would have to get a big PC case because of the RTX 2070 Super(for airflow reasons) but now I'm wondering should I get a smaller case?

Do you have any recommendations at all from Fractal-Design or any other brand based on what I want( black and minimalistic etc)? I'm totally overwhelmed and worried that I'll select the wrong case for my motherboard and graphics card...