Unsure of what I need.

Iron124

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Hello all, bit of an odd question for you, as it is July and nowhere near the Christmas season, but I am looking for a module, or box of some kind, that changes the way in christmas lights behave. For example, it might have multiple settings, such as different brightnesses, flashing, colors, etc. I know some people can even have the lights synced up to music or match up with other occurrences. (Such as opening a door, and christmas music plays, or lights flash)

I'm hoping somebody knows what exactly I'm talking about, or if this is even possible. I would assume a device like this exists, I'm just having trouble finding it because I have no idea what it would even be referred to as.

Iron124

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

Was just looking at that, and interesting combination but seems more for the experienced and extreme displays, some options even top the $1000 mark, which I think may be a bit overkill.

I'm just looking for a standard plug-and-play controller, maybe with 5 or six settings, and up to maybe 6-10 individual strands doing something different.