Question Unsure on which Z690 motherboard to get

Apr 8, 2022
I'm currently in the middle of testing all my PC parts to understand what's causing problems, and after checking first RAM, then PSU, it's now time to test the motherboard. At first I wanted to try the same model I currently have (MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4), but it seems like it's impossible to find it on Amazon UK right now, so I'll have to look for other boards from possibly other brands too.

Ideally I need the board with at least 7 back USB ports, 6 SATA connectors, line-in support and Wi-Fi, and possibly available from Amazon for fast delivery and ease of sending back in case it turns out it's not the board the reason I'm having all these issues.

So far I've narrowed down the possible results to the following two:

MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 (£230 on Amazon)
ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 (£290 from Scan)

Honestly, they're well above my initial budget, but at this point I don't even care anymore about that and I just want something that works properly. Still, if anyone can direct me to the better one between them - or even better, a cheaper alternative, that'd be really great
I've been reading around that Z690 boards seem to have loads of issues when it comes to RAM management, so I want to be sure I don't have to buy yet another pair of sticks and that I can just use either the
CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18 or the TLZGD432G3200HC16CDC01 I already have (and send back the worse performing one)

The CPU I'm going to use is a 12700kf if it matters

D

Deleted member 362816

I am a bit lost here. If you have tested everything and the motherboard seems to be the issue, Just do a advanced RMA with MSI and get a replacement. Don't buy items just to return them as that is kinda crappy.