jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
Been away for the weekend (PC's were working prior to leaving) and after coming back on Monday night her PC is getting Q Code 55 on the board (ASUS Maximus VIII Hero). I did a lot of googling which suggested RAM problems, so I tried all 4 slots in every way possible which didn't work, and neither did the RAM from my PC either, although hers works in mine which suggests another problem. The RAM she has is Corsair RGB Vengeance DDR4. Other things I found from googling suggested CPU issues or broken RAM slots however I am unsure how to tell which it may be. It worked fine prior to leaving so unsure as to what could break without it being touched at all.

Thanks,
Jake

What are the rest of the system specs?

First I would reset the BIOS.
Then I would try one stick of her memory in DIMM A2 at a time.
If it still didn't boot.....I would be suspecting the motherboard.
I think MB failure is much more likely than CPU failure.
I think it's also possible it's the PSU....but not as likely as the MB.

jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
it was built by her dad, from what i can gather its a gtx 1050ti, the cpu is from ebay i think its an i7 engineering chip or something like that, ill have a look for the psu spec. It's water cooled too. Ive reset the bios and done MemOK, didnt work either, and ive tried 1 stick in each slot 1 to 4 and also done the same using my RAM too, to no luck. Is it more likely to be the motherboard or just the DIMM slots? I actually managed to get it to randomly boot just the once in the last slot... but i took it out and tried it again and it didnt work..

Thanks!