Question Until what temperature am i fine on GTX 1650 Super?

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
So i just got this gpu and from gtx 560 this is a huge upgrade and i havent played anything that would make my gpu temps spike up until i just played Raise of the Tomb Rider where highest temp i saw ingame was 71c and my pc case also has no fans and the model of the gpu is this one

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
That's a normal temperature, you are fine till 80-85, running below that temp is good for the life of gpu, but off course a good air flow is recommended for cooling, like a positive air flow, which reduces dust collection too.

A good air flow will help you if you upgrade to a big gpu in future.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No it isn't influenced by the type of cooling. It is the point at which the clock speed will reduce and the power consumption will go down to keep it near that temperature while providing as much performance as possible.

A better or worse cooler will just determine the clock speeds at that temperature up to the limits of the vBIOS or up any overclocking setting (at least until it starts crashing, the silicon will have its limit somewhere.)

Reactions: coolraveen
Yeah it depends on the make, ref I think is usually around 82 - 83c, Custom PCB's it can vary in both directions typically. I don't like my GPU's to get much above 80C, Nvidia and AMD alike.

A 1650 even a laptop model I wouldn't think would get to crazy hot unless its some really weak or bad cooling. I had a Asus laptop with the i5-10500H and a 1650 and it peaked at 70C bu't boy the CPU in that thing got really toasty.

Reactions: coolraveen

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Yeah it depends on the make, ref I think is usually around 82 - 83c, Custom PCB's it can vary in both directions typically. I don't like my GPU's to get much above 80C, Nvidia and AMD alike.

A 1650 even a laptop model I wouldn't think would get to crazy hot unless its some really weak or bad cooling. I had a Asus laptop with the i5-10500H and a 1650 and it peaked at 70C bu't boy the CPU in that thing got really toasty.
Yes exactly I feel the performance of the gpu is relative to the cooling too, as Eximo said yes the gpu will throttle after a set temperature, but that throttle temps will be attained only if there is a bad cooling. And some cutthroat gpus made by brand like PNY are more susceptible to cooling issues in the long run.

TRENDING THREADS