Question Unusual amount of Memory usage

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu and RAM and everything is running smoothly however, my usage is at like 40% without really doing anything, I've check Task Manager and there's nothing that can take that much.

Specs that I upgraded to:

Ryzen 5 3600
HyperX Predator 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200 MHz
AB350 Pro4

I also clocked the RAM at 3200 as it was previously on 3000 for some reason in my bios.

Some things to check:
• Is Windows Update doing anything? If yes, complete it and see if it changed.
• Is Windows recognising all of the RAM? Check in task manager's memory tab to ensure all 16GB are being used.
• Is the RAM in slot 2 and 4, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty, RAM?
• Setting task manager's memory use from MB to Percentage, is anything using a large percentage of RAM. What is adding up to make 40%?
• In gaming, does the performance seem sluggish?

Reactions: Narexa

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Some things to check:
• Is Windows Update doing anything? If yes, complete it and see if it changed.
• Is Windows recognising all of the RAM? Check in task manager's memory tab to ensure all 16GB are being used.
• Is the RAM in slot 2 and 4, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty, RAM?
• Setting task manager's memory use from MB to Percentage, is anything using a large percentage of RAM. What is adding up to make 40%?
• In gaming, does the performance seem sluggish?

Yep, it's all update to date, the ram is in the right slots and is being recognised and to be fair it's not hindering me but I'm not sure if its something I should be worrying about or not?

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Probably would have noticed this already, but sometimes I get overzealous and have a bunch of Chrome tabs open. That can sometimes get everything working hard.

Yeah I understand what you mean but it's still fairly high without having chrome open, thanks for the message though :)

TRENDING THREADS