Unusual fan speed

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Heyy guys, I tested my comp fans (simply out of curiosity) and the readings were haywire, can you please take a look at the screenshot and left me know if i should be worried

http://postimg.org/image/3t7yrj54n/

Solution
4000rpm is perfectly normal for a CPU fan, in fact mine are running at 6000rpm, although they are noctua so I still can't hear them ;)

I would not worry about it at all

mcdonh

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
if your fan speed was that high you could overclock your GPU to like 99999999thz but anyway. from what I can see the only 'haywire' bit is your GPU RPM's which is not at all unusual as some testing programs just are not compatible with some GPU's if you really want to know just get a monitoring program specific to your GPU, for example MSI afterburner as well as being an overclocking tool gives great feedback for most GPU's although it only guarantees MSI cards

mcdonh

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

That is often true with CPU coolers and such I have found that external programs work far better with GPU's personally, but that's just me *shrugs*

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
All the temps I can see in your img are super low! You definitely don't have to worry about overheating.
Regardless of the fan speeds indicated, the hardware is being cooled adequately.
Since the cpu fan is controlled by the mobo you shouldn't worry, even if something does go wrong the mobo will shut down before something bad happens!