Question Unusual performance issues accross all games and some programmes

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
I would like to state before we begin that i have the lateste Nvidia drivers for my 1080ti and everything on my pc is up to date.

Ive been having some rather strange and some cases severe performance issues in some games, its gotten to the point where its a crapshoot if some high end games will even run sometimues, most notable example is hitman 2, which lately has a good chance to straight up crash after some periodic freezes and Battlefield V which freezes for a good second or two if an explosion goes off anywhere near me.

CPU and GPU temps are all good and performance when the game isnt freezing and lagging is silky smooth until the freezes start.

System info:

Windows 10
Gygabyte 1080ti 11gb
Intel i7 9700k oc to 4.6mhz
16gb of corsair vengence DDR4 ram clocked at currently 2193mhz
TUF Z390-Plus Gaming Intel Z390 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
the actual speed of that ram is listed at 3000mhz and heres the thing, i pushed it to 3000mhz via mobo and the issues became even worse, freezes intensified, but even at the auto speed hitman 2 is now unplayable without a crash.
also yes i have a SSD and HDD, have both, windows on the SSD, hitman 2 is on the HDD and the BFV is on the SSD

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
whatever the setting in the BIOS was, im not sure, it let me choose various RAM speeds or has an auto setting, im not so familiar with bios stuff, i only really know how to set my CPU core clocks and such.

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
also for further information, everything in the pc except the RAM and HDD are less than a year old, its a new rig but i kept the ram from a 3 year old rig, same for the HDD if thats any use

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
gonna bump this since ive been told by someone else that my issues are almost certainly memory related and should look into new ram chips, but im looking to do more research before i do that, good RAM isnt cheap