[SOLVED] Unusual voltages on stock Ryzen 3 3200g

Jun 24, 2020
Hi, i really need help to understand my volgates and temps in my CPU. I have been using the Ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8 for play games wih any problems, but i think the voltages and temperatures are quite high.

No playing, just using chrome, office, progamming, etc, temperature is between 45°- 60°. When i play, temperatures goes up to 70° celcius and the max temperature is 84° when i close and open games like fornite from my old HDD . The voltage is between 0.750v - 1.469V no matters what i'm doing. So, sometimes it reaches 1.469v not playing.

is that voltage and temperature from an overclocked CPU? I mean, i have read that when you overclock a cpu you use voltages like 1.4v. But the problem is that my motherboard doesn't allow overclock (Asus Prime a320m -k). so, should it be lower? like 1.2v or something like that?
Also when i play my cpu reaches 3.998Mhz, but the frequency is up to 3.6 Ghz according to the amd page(turbo frequency is up to 4 Ghz). Should i be worried? Yesterday i changed the stock thermal paste to Thermal Grizzly Kryanout but temperatures are the same.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g, stock cooler
BOARD: Asus Prime A320m-k (it just updated, i have no changed nothing else)
RAM: Dual channel, 2x4gb 2666 Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500w
SSD: crucial mx500 (for windows)
HDD: generic chinese one, (for the games xD)

Solution
Hi, i really need help to understand my volgates and temps in my CPU. I have been using the Ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8 for play games wih any problems, but i think the voltages and temperatures are quite high.

No playing, just using chrome, office, progamming, etc, temperature is between 45°- 60°. When i play, temperatures goes up to 70° celcius and the max temperature is 84° when i close and open games like fornite from my old HDD . The voltage is between 0.750v - 1.469V no matters what i'm doing. So, sometimes it reaches 1.469v not playing.

is that voltage and temperature from an overclocked CPU? I mean, i have read that when you overclock a cpu you use voltages like 1.4v. But the problem is that my motherboard doesn't...

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016

is that voltage and temperature from an overclocked CPU? I mean, i have read that when you overclock a cpu you use voltages like 1.4v. But the problem is that my motherboard doesn't allow overclock (Asus Prime a320m -k). so, should it be lower? like 1.2v or something like that?
Also when i play my cpu reaches 3.998Mhz, but the frequency is up to 3.6 Ghz according to the amd page(turbo frequency is up to 4 Ghz). Should i be worried? Yesterday i changed the stock thermal paste to Thermal Grizzly Kryanout but temperatures are the same.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g, stock cooler
BOARD: Asus Prime A320m-k (it just updated, i have no changed nothing else)
RAM: Dual channel, 2x4gb 2666 Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500w
SSD: crucial mx500 (for windows)
HDD: generic chinese one, (for the games xD)

although the gaming temp is little hight, those change in voltage and frecuency is the default ryzen setting of PBO.

i think that is nothing to worry about, but you could try to get better air case flow to reach lower temps

what program do you use to get those temp?

you could get a 80c max temp but if you avg temp is like 60-65c on full load, that is normal

Reactions: fmt7120
Solution
Jun 24, 2020
although the gaming temp is little hight, those change in voltage and frecuency is the default ryzen setting of PBO.

i think that is nothing to worry about, but you could try to get better air case flow to reach lower temps
Thanks for your reply. I think that too, also maybe the temps are that high because I use the integrated Vega 8 and will be lower if I buy a gpu.
Thank you again.