Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
My system specs:

-GPU: MSI GTX 980 4GB
-CPU: AMD 8350 8 cores, 4GHz
-RAM: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Tactical 16GB
-Mother Board: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0, Socket-AM3+
-Cooler Master Seidon 120V CPU cooler

Hey, I’m experiencing frame drops while playing several games. I don’t know if the games is just poorly optimized, which is weird since these games came out a while ago and have been patched several times. I started to think it was my processor that wasn’t good enough compared to the GPU (bottleneck). In the bios I have the high performance setting on for the CPU. And in windows power plan I have high performance on.

Far Cry 4.
The settings:
-Ambient Occlusion: SSBC
-Anti-aliasing: SMAA
-Full-screen
-Environment: Ultra
-Fur: On (Not simulated)
-Geometry: Ultra
-Godrays: Volumetric Fog
-Post FX: Ultra
-Resolution: 1920x1080
-Shadow: Very High
-Terrain: Ultra
-Textures: Ultra
-Trees Relief: On
-Triple Buffering: Of
-Vegetation: Ultra
-Water: Very High
-Nvidia Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-aliasing: Of

CPU and GPU usage
Core 1: 77% max
Core 2: 70% max
Core 3: 83% max
Core 4: 63% max
Core 5: 91% max
Core 6: 47% max
Core 7: 58% max
Core 8: 63% max

GPU:
-Between 70% and 98% usage
-Temperature: 78 ºC (Is this a problem?)
-Sometimes it drops to 70% usage, but 95% of the time the usage is around 98%. Is this a problem?
-Framerate between 45 and 60. Shouldn’t my rig run Far Cry 4 on ultra-settings steady 60FPS¬?

As you see above I don’t have the highest settings on, and I still experience FPS drops (45-60FPS) Do some of you know what i can do to fix this problem? :)

D

Deleted member 1560910

you just mentioned you gpu temps but not you cpu? I personally over ride the gpu fan to run at 60% and get a much cooler result. What are you using to cool the 8350? What I know of amd cpu's are when they get hot you get performance loss

LaMaestro

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

He said he's using Cooler Master Seidon but if the thermal paste wasn't applied correctly or smth like that there could be issues.

D

Deleted member 1560910

indeed