Question Unwanted Items in Windows Update

Dec 11, 2021
So I finally felt compelled to update Windows again after almost half a year. But when I hit "update", I noticed some strange items being downloaded that could potentially cause trouble for my pc if they get completed. These include: what probably looks like an old NVIDIA display 27.21.14.5751 (my current version is 30.++ which is 496.76) an intel hd graphics driver that I do not want cuz my igp is an old hd 2000 graphics and is merely for booting, and a driver update for a long gone geforce 210. For some reason my pc won't display in safe mode, so I cannot afford any troubles that would require me to go to safe mode. Would it still be safe to proceed? For now I have forcibly stopped the update by disabling the service after I got updates for ms defender.

Specs:

i5-2400 (Intel HD Graphics 2000)
jetway mobo h61
8 gb ddr3
GTX 1050 2GB
HDD 1TB
Win 10 20H2

when I hit "update", I noticed some strange items being downloaded that could potentially cause trouble
create a backup image of the system in it's current state and you wouldn't need to worry about any possible software mishaps.
an intel hd graphics driver that I do not want cuz my igp is an old hd 2000 graphics
updating your onboard iGPU's drivers has no affect on a dedicated card or the system itself.
it's just updating like you would any audio, USB, networking, etc drivers.
a driver update for a long gone geforce 210
if your system is still detecting hardware that has been removed it could possibly lead to conflicts in the future.

i would suggest running DDU and removing all graphics related data that it finds.
then reinstalling the latest driver package for your GTX 1050 directly from Nvidia.

So I finally felt compelled to update Windows again after almost half a year. But when I hit "update", I noticed some strange items being downloaded that could potentially cause trouble for my pc if they get completed. These include: what probably looks like an old NVIDIA display 27.21.14.5751 (my current version is 30.++ which is 496.76) an intel hd graphics driver that I do not want cuz my igp is an old hd 2000 graphics and is merely for booting, and a driver update for a long gone geforce 210. For some reason my pc won't display in safe mode, so I cannot afford any troubles that would require me to go to safe mode. Would it still be safe to proceed? For now I have forcibly stopped the update by disabling the service after I got updates for ms defender.

Specs:

i5-2400 (Intel HD Graphics 2000)
jetway mobo h61
8 gb ddr3
GTX 1050 2GB
HDD 1TB
Win 10 20H2
You can tell windows not to update drivers......use google.
Might skinny down what your seeing.

Agree about a complete backup before turning winupd loose.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS