Up Close With the Xclio 1000 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Optical drive? Those are dead. (BluRay on PC sucks, and I can't remember the last time I watched a DVD on my PC. I can install windows from a flash key. I can't think of too many other uses for a DVD drive except installing those stupid 5$ screensavers.)

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I have the haf 932 and I have 4 (3000 rpm fans) on the side 3 (1700 rpm red blood fans) on top a 120mm fan on bottom 230mm fan in front and a 140 mm fan at the back and it runs quiet (without the 4 side ones going that is and are rarely used cept for major quick cooling)

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
"One more thing: just where do you install that optical drive?"

Personally, I don't even have an internal Optical Drive anymore. I use one External DVD Multi R/RW drive for all of my machines. And this is only used to install the OS. Everything else I have converted to digital format on my storage, using the External drive. Now all I need is Daemon Tools and I'm golden :)

I see Optical media as a thing of the past now a days.

Sykar

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I must say, the position of the PSU is freaking stupid, there's a space between it and top fans, why not just put it on the bottom?

Doesn't look like a very good design. With six intake fans and only two exhaust fans the airflow is totally out of whack.

I went over to newegg and took a look at the photos. There's nothing special about the interior of the case.

The front intake fans are not mounted to the front case panel. Instead they are mounted to plastic doors on the front bezel. Open a door/fan to get to optical drives or other components.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Asking where you install the optical drive on a case like this makes it sound like you haven't looked at the majority of cases available today. Most of them have doors that swing open to reveal the optical drive. Not my preference, but there are a lot like that anyway.

Xclio has a fetish for non-standard fans. I like their cases, I have friends with them and they offer good cooling, but when those fans die, it's a major pain to replace them.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
"Doesn't look like a very good design. With six intake fans and only two exhaust fans the airflow is totally ..."

Actually, this is excellent design as it creates very strong positive air pressure inside the case = no dust collecting in various nooks and cranies as with most other cases that have more exhaust then intake fans... although that last part is easily fixed by reversing some of the exhaust fans into intake fans. Assuming, of course, that all your intake fans are filtered, positive air pressure is the best way to ensure your case stays dust free for longer. This is the same reason Lian Li cases generally have more intake then exhaust fans.

All that aside, the interior of this case is extremely lame - disappointing...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]imagine the noise ...[/citation]

I rather have it laud enough to wake the neighbors on the other side of the pond than have overheating parts. The more fans the better. :)

Quad boxing wow makes a lot of heat. :s

ashkaji

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
+pressure airflow is preferable to avoid cleaning. But I don't know how it compares to -pressure. that is alot of fans, but the case looks unappealing (inside and out :| )

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I have 2 front, 1 side, 1 rear, and 1 top fan and I think it's overkill. I couldn't imagine effectively doubling the amount of fans. I think I would go water cool before I went with 10 fans to cool my rig.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I have a Lian Li P80 I believe full tower with an array of 4 120mm fans in the front door. They are great for my 6 HD cooling but I had to remove the top fan because it interfered with buttons and controls of my Xfi breakout box and also if you ever want to load and unload your optical drives you have to keep opening and closing the door and set your burning software to not auto eject or the drive will come crashing into the door. It looks great but not so great in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.