Up pc gaming (600-700€)

Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone
I want to upgrade my pc and I want to keep only my gpu (1060 6 gb)
So my question is: which is the best? i7 8th gen, i7 7700k or i5 8th gen for streaming? Also, if I buy one of the 8th gen, which is a cheap mobo? I mean I don't want to spend 1k to upgreade, budget is 600€.
Thank you wo much.

okay that kcas, isnt going to pull a i7 8700k, which i recommand below.
the voltage of that unit is too unstable , this can cause blackscreens or in worst case scenario a broken chip.

this is what i recommand: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Plus Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $681.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-19 05:05 EDT-0400

Intel has got bad paste and ryzen comes with a good cooler?
Thank you , but no thank you. , im sure you can eleborate yourself better.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What i don't get from you two guys above, Ztdutxjgxgtu & superninja12, is that you give OP pcpp lists which are based on USA shops. While you keep your lists within 700 USD, add the shipping cost to the Europe and OP is looking towards 900 EUR in total.

@OP:
€700 can get you these:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor (€261.71 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 Plus CPU Cooler (€30.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 PC PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€133.58 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€184.43 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€82.93 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €693.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-19 13:24 CEST+0200

Few words

CPU
Put in i5-8600K which has 6 cores/threads and which is also more than enough for your gaming and streaming needs. CPU is also K-series so you can OC it to get more performance out if it if you like.

CPU cooler
Put in Arctic Freezer 33 that comes with 2x fans for push-pull setup. Fans also have semi-passive mode which means that on low CPU temps, they don't turn at all, making the noise output 0 dB(A). Oh, CPU cooler won't give you any RAM clearance issues either,
specs: https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/freezer-33-plus.html
review: https://www.ocinside.de/review/arctic_freezer_33_plus/
Note: CPU cooler is 150mm tall and if your current case doesn't have enough CPU cooler clearance, let me know and i'll look shorter replacement for it.

In my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig), i have the predecessor of Freezer 33 Plus in use, known as Freezer i32. Difference between the two is that i32 comes with 1x semi-passive fan and it doesn't have AMD AM4 mounting bracket. Most what i saw out of my i5-6600K was 55°C while when my CPU was 52°C or under, the stock semi-passive fan didn't turn at all. And when it did turn, it was so quiet that i didn't hear it at all.
Oh, as far as AIOs go, do note that with AIO, you won't gain any cooling performance over air coolers since both are still cooled by air. But what you do get with AIO is more noise with higher cost and a lot less longevity.

MoBo
Put in Z370 chipset MoBo from MSI. Due to the Z-series MoBo, you can OC your K-series CPU and you can also use RAM XMP profiles that are faster than 2666 Mhz. Since i don't know your color theme, went with classy black MoBo that fits with any color theme. MoBo also supports MSI Mystic Light if you plan to add RGB LEDs into your PC.

RAM
2x 8GB 3000 Mhz is quite standard for gaming rigs nowadays, so put in Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM which shares the MoBo's classy black color theme. RAM is normal profile (33.5mm tall) and it won't interfere with bigger CPU air coolers if you plan to go with one in the future (e.g Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3).

PSU
Since your current PSU is crap quality (most of Aerocool PSUs are crap), i also threw in good quality unit from Seasonic. Focus+ 80 Gold has fully-modular cables to ease the cable management and it comes with 10 years of OEM warranty. Why 550W and not 700W? Simple, GTX 1060 is 120W GPU and if you add the rest of the build to it at 200W, most what you're looking is 320W, more with CPU/GPU OC. So, 550W PSU is more than enough.
All my 3 PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic. (Full specs with pics in my sig.)

Since you already have working system in use, i didn't add SSD/HDDs, GPU and PC case. You can reuse them without issues.

TRENDING THREADS