Up to date guide and recommended programs

Napalmhardcore

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Hi,

I have just done my first OC on my cpu and now I am looking to do the same for my graphics card.

There is a guide for overclocking the cpu on the front page of the overclocking section but nothing for graphics cards. Could someone recommend a good up to date guide (suitable for a beginner) and software I will need.

My card is a Nvidia GTX 285

Solution
I've only used MSI Afterburner as a GPU overclocking software and it works great. Without adjusting any voltages yet, try raising the core clock speeds slowly and test with Furmark (stability and temps) and any fast 3D benchmarks (to see if there are any artifacts or not). If it's not stable, raise the voltage. Next it's just repeat until you're satisfied and/or you've reached the max safe temps or speed.

EzioAs

Distinguished
I've only used MSI Afterburner as a GPU overclocking software and it works great. Without adjusting any voltages yet, try raising the core clock speeds slowly and test with Furmark (stability and temps) and any fast 3D benchmarks (to see if there are any artifacts or not). If it's not stable, raise the voltage. Next it's just repeat until you're satisfied and/or you've reached the max safe temps or speed.

Solution

Napalmhardcore

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Thanks. I did find a guide that said pretty much the same thing but it was a few years old and I just wanted to make sure that's still what people use.