News Upcoming AGESA Firmware May Support 24GB, 48GB RAM on AMD Motherboards

ttquantia

Prominent
Mar 10, 2023
How is ECC support going to be? AM4 motherboards had ECC support at a reasonable level, but AM5 currently seems quite weak in this respect. DDR5 "ECC-light" is not enough. Is this going to be fixed in later Agesa versions?

Amdlova

Distinguished
How is ECC support going to be? AM4 motherboards had ECC support at a reasonable level, but AM5 currently seems quite weak in this respect. DDR5 "ECC-light" is not enough. Is this going to be fixed in later Agesa versions?
Amd support for ecc its a nightmare. First you need find a board with ecc guaranteed . After that you need a bit of luck. Days of reading forums and testing. Or buy an asrock hack motherboard :)

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
My x570 Aorus Master rev 1.0 eventually got ECC support via a bios update, but I stay away from it because I don't trust the reliability of the parity bit...;) Plus, I never see errors these days, so I don't worry. People must surely understand that the current AM5 motherboards are teething and will have teething pains for a few months until AMD gets the AGESAs where it wants them and the board vendors get their individual bios codes matured. AM5 is just beginning out of the starting gate, so to speak. There is quite a bit of headroom left for AM5, imo.