Upcoming Change to Quest Reward Items

"As part of Live Update #6, we will be making a significant change to many
items your character may own. The majority of items given to the player as
the result of completing quests will now be flagged as No Trade. This change
will affect existing items as well as those awarded to players going
forward.

There are two primary reasons for this change:
We want to ensure that the economy isn't flooded with quest rewards that
decrease the demand for crafted goods. The majority of items sold on the
market will be those made by artisans.
This allows us to reward challenging quests with items that are of higher
quality than common crafted goods, because we don't have to worry about this
kind of item dominating the market.
Players who complete quests can use the items themselves, or earn coin by
selling their quest rewards to NPC merchants.
We realize this change may inspire some spirited debate, just as when we
changed the majority of crafted items to be attuneable. The more items that
never leave the economy, the greater the chances that demand will die off
and the economy will stagnate. As with the previous change, we do this to
maintain the long-term health of the economy and the viability of the
artisan professions.
===========================
Moorgard
EverQuest II Community Guy
03-31-2005 11:00 AM "

What worries me is that there are quests I've heard require you to keep the
reward from earlier quests in order to be able to complete. For example,
they might require you to have the reward from the pristine shard set, the
scuffed shard set, etc. I don't think many people do keep these items, they
trade pretty frequently, and to find people are locked in because (despite
having completed the subquests) they no longer have the rewards from the
quests and can no longer trade for them in order to do the superquest..

I've feedbacked suggesting those sorts of quests be reviewed so that the
people with the right flags can still complete the quest. If you think this
might be an issue, please feedback your concerns.

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:46:27 GMT, Shadow wrote:

>What worries me is that there are quests I've heard require you to keep the
>reward from earlier quests in order to be able to complete. For example,
>they might require you to have the reward from the pristine shard set, the
>scuffed shard set, etc. I don't think many people do keep these items, they
>trade pretty frequently, and to find people are locked in because (despite
>having completed the subquests) they no longer have the rewards from the
>quests and can no longer trade for them in order to do the superquest..

Well, there does seem to be a new NPC in Nek F who for a profit sells
heritage quest items back to those who have completed a quest but sold the
reward to a merhant. Maybe he could sell the ones you mention too.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep