News Upcoming Intel Core i5-10400 Matches i7-9700F in Leaked Gaming Benchmarks

Quite expected for the gains that this cpu is supposed to bring. Intel keeps the guard up, while AMD attacks. It's not as one sided fight as some news suggest, but intel did its getting slapped mercilessly for few rounds now.....

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Quite expected for the gains that this cpu is supposed to bring. Intel keeps the guard up, while AMD attacks. It's not as one sided fight as some news suggest, but intel did its getting slapped mercilessly for few rounds now.....
And maybe someday this "getting slapped mercilessly" will translate into sales rather than just a bunch of bluster from it's Fan boys.

Reactions: Rdslw
And maybe someday this "getting slapped mercilessly" will translate into sales rather than just a bunch of bluster from it's Fan boys.
AMD's processors are selling quite well, especially among those who are building their own computers, and are not tied to things like pre-existing supply contracts and uncertainty over brand recognition. Just look at Amazon's best-selling CPU list...

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/pc/229189

The top 6 best-selling processors there are currently all AMD parts, with only 2 of the top 10 being Intel processors. Granted, I'm sure there are many builders holding off on buying Intel until their next CPUs come out, but AMD is certainly on an upward trend in terms of CPU sales, and seems to be doing quite well financially. Of course, they don't have the same production capacity of Intel, and TSMC can't just build new fabs overnight, so it's unreasonable to expect AMD to match Intel in terms of overall CPU sales, at least in the short-term.

Reactions: panathas and Rdslw
I'm eager to see if the 9700KF and 9900KF performance can be matched at lower price points by their successors, and, naturally, am eager to see what the 10700K and 10900K are capable of, especially once a new batch of more capable GPUs are out....

As mentioned below its physical thing, they cannot suddenly ramp 500%. I am looking at benchmarks, and they are very heavy on winning AMD right now. Not just productivity like ryzen1 but across the board.
Even so, dell and guys won't scrape their 100k cpu's because they are crap compared to new one, they have to sell them out. What important is the trend, and its moving "fast" to AMD, probably as fast as corpo giant can make it, also not taking risks and diverging.

AMD's processors are selling quite well, especially among those who are building their own computers, and are not tied to things like pre-existing supply contracts and uncertainty over brand recognition. Just look at Amazon's best-selling CPU list...

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/pc/229189

The top 6 best-selling processors there are currently all AMD parts, with only 2 of the top 10 being Intel processors. Granted, I'm sure there are many builders holding off on buying Intel until their next CPUs come out, but AMD is certainly on an upward trend in terms of CPU sales, and seems to be doing quite well financially. Of course, they don't have the same production capacity of Intel, and TSMC can't just build new fabs overnight, so it's unreasonable to expect AMD to match Intel in terms of overall CPU sales, at least in the short-term.

And I Don't think AMD will match intel. It would take easly 5 more years, Intel would have to keep releasing 14 nm refreshes, for next few years so this would happen. This situation forced them to do a lot of small changes, so once they will go to lower node AND use those small changes all around, it will be ~20% ipc jump.
Game will level out the second feveros will hit mainstream.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Games have been optimized for 4C/8T for so long now, thanks to Intel being stuck in that rut for years with the i7, that higher clocks tend to matter more than more cores and threads. That will change going forward as 4C/8T processors are pushed down to the bottom of the product stack and eventually phased out.