[SOLVED] upcoming rtx 30 series vga cables

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Im gonna be upgrading my gpu to the rog strix 3080, and it seems like it need 3x8 pin vga connectors. I have a lian li strimer rgb 2x8 pin kit that I can use on the card, but then I would be missing one more 8 pin. My Psu is a fully modular corsair rm750x... is it okay to use one 8 pin vga cable that came with the psu itself together with the lian li rgb kit?

Solution
Im gonna be upgrading my gpu to the rog strix 3080, and it seems like it need 3x8 pin vga connectors. I have a lian li strimer rgb 2x8 pin kit that I can use on the card, but then I would be missing one more 8 pin. My Psu is a fully modular corsair rm750x... is it okay to use one 8 pin vga cable that came with the psu itself together with the lian li rgb kit?
The Corsair RM750x comes with 2 PCIe cables. Each cable has two 6+2-pin connectors. The Lian Li cables are just extensions. Since you have a total of four 6+2-pin connectors, you have it covered. If you get an aftermarket GPU it probably won't have the 12-pin so it should be fine. I think they're only on the reference cards.
The Corsair RM750x comes with 2 PCIe cables. Each cable has two 6+2-pin connectors. The Lian Li cables are just extensions. Since you have a total of four 6+2-pin connectors, you have it covered. If you get an aftermarket GPU it probably won't have the 12-pin so it should be fine. I think they're only on the reference cards.

Last edited:
Solution