Upcoming 'Titanfall 2' Update Adds New Game Mode, Maps, Custom Playlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Honestly, the participation in Titanfall has fallen off much like the first version. For some reason people lose interest quickly. I suspect the gamers take issue with a couple of things:
1) Not enough players. 6 vs 6 when battlefield can give you 64 players? I've noticed things can more easily be unbalanced with a smaller group of players.
2) Speed and control is gear for game console controllers. This is probably a deterrent for PC gamers as fluidity of movement is different with mouse and keyboard and seems to be biased toward game console controllers.

I think these two aspects are killing the game, and they've not learned that lesson yet.

1) Every multiplayer game I've ever enjoyed playing has had small teams. I've never gotten into PlanetSide or Battlefield or any other large-scale multiplayer game. There are more people like me than you know, and games don't have to be large-scale to be successful.

2) Then why do controllers need aim-assist to be as good as mouse and keyboard? You underestimate the accuracy and exacting movement control of M&K. I have no problem at all with it, despite only being an average FPS player.

The only aspect that's even close to killing the game is the release timing. They should have waited so they weren't sandwiched between competing releases. That, and they haven't had much advertising for the game.

I never played the original Titanfall due to not really having the time for gaming at that point. But I've got 447 hours clocked in Titanfall 2, and it's an awesome game. Some people seem to think it was supposed to be an expansion of the first game and so are disappointed in the changes. But if taken as its own game, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

maddogcollins

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
The fact that we are still getting free content, maps is great. Not sure why there's less players, absolutely love the game. Wish there was more diversity in the maps, feels very similar between many maps. Does seem I can find more players still on Titanfall 1 than 2. (nice to have a choice of servers, always find more players on line in europe and the lag isn't terrible, doesn't seem to have a way to do that with 2) Wish it was played more as I hope the franchise continues.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I enjoyed the Frontier Defense game mode in the first one and was surprised it was left out of this one. I'm hoping they bring it back.

Darth_Kaar

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
In my opinion, besides Overwatch, Titanfall 2 is best multiplayer experience available now. Fast paced gameplay, great mechanics combining both parkour and mech fighting executed nearly perfectly. Interesting maps that require thinking in three dimensions. What does the player need more?

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
I'd love it if RESPAWN became better known and eclipses Activision (considering how the lead design team was treated when they worked there). However, something is at play to not be getting a large fan following. Whatever the root cause, they need to find it or they'll die off and take a perfectly good title with it.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
yeah add all you want you'll prob never going to get your initial player base, people buy / play the single player campaign and a bit of multiplayer and they leave forever,

very common these days !

Terminator333

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Frontier defense is the best mode i really hope they bring it back.This is the reason why i'm not playing it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.