Question Update 1903 not showing up

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
It will eventually. They don't serve every PC on the planet at the same time.
It will eventually roll around to your system.

I've not seen it either, on any of mine.

I understand this, but I know people in my area who already have it. Heck I just installed it on a PC on Friday. I think there is a problem with me getting it but I don't know what it could be.

Lakerfanalways

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
On my Sony laptop the update has not shown up at all, on my Dell Desktop PC it says no new updates but underneath that it does show the 1903 update and it says download and install should I click that or just wait for it to automatically download under where it says currently no new updates?

Colif

Win 11 Master
It depends on age of PC, if it came with Windows 10 pre installed it will be fed this update faster than a PC that was upgraded to 10.

If you don't want to wait - I know I didn't - GO to the Microsoft ISO site

and either click 1st link to download the update assistant that will download 1903 and install it on PC, this will check PC before updating so if there is a valid reason you can't update, it should tell you.

or 2nd link to download the media creation tool which can also be used to update current PC or make a USB/DVD installer.

I would suggest making the installer as if you are having issues, it is a better idea to make the USB as then you only download the files once, not multiple times which could occur if the update process doesn't work

As has been said above, Microsoft is not rolling it out to all systems at once. I've got a 4 year old Dell Inspiron that was upgraded from 7 to 10 that has gotten it, but my 4 month Dell laptop has not. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade the laptop because I'm all too aware of the old expression "the pioneers are the ones that get the arrows in the back"! :)

Lakerfanalways

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
For my 1 year old Dell XPS Desktop, when I go to updates it says "Up to Date" but under that it says "Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1903..download and install now" with that should I wait til the update installs itself under where it says check for updates or should I just press download and install now?
For my Sony laptop, its from 2012, did not come with windows 10 originally I upgraded..with that under updates it just says up to date and doesnt mention anything about the feature update