[SOLVED] Update B350 bios, system wont post

bmw321

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
So I'm upgrading to gen 3 Ryzen tomorrow and I decided to just get the bios update over with right now instead of doing it tomorrow. I have an Asus prime 350 plus motherboard, got the bios update from asus website. It successfully finished installing began a reset and now my PC wont boot. Can it only see gen 3 ryzen chips now so it doesnt recognize my ryzen 5 1400? My RBG fans, gpu fan and CPU fan are all spinning but my mouse and keyboard no longer light up and I'm getting no post. Do I just need to wait a day or buy an entirely new motherboard?

Solution
So I'm upgrading to gen 3 Ryzen tomorrow and I decided to just get the bios update over with right now instead of doing it tomorrow. I have an Asus prime 350 plus motherboard, got the bios update from asus website. It successfully finished installing began a reset and now my PC wont boot. Can it only see gen 3 ryzen chips now so it doesnt recognize my ryzen 5 1400? My RBG fans, gpu fan and CPU fan are all spinning but my mouse and keyboard no longer light up and I'm getting no post. Do I just need to wait a day or buy an entirely new motherboard?
Updating the bios removed support for the older Ryzen processors.
I don't know the exact term, but the bios 'memory buffer' on the older motherboards isn't very big, so it can only hold...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know the exact term, but the bios 'memory buffer' on the older motherboards isn't very big, so it can only hold a limited amount of processor IDs.
Wait it out.

Reactions: bmw321
Solution
I don't know the exact term, but the bios 'memory buffer' on the older motherboards isn't very big, so it can only hold a limited amount of processor IDs.
Wait it out.
This may be possible, but I don't see the 1st gen support removed in the notes of any of the BIOS revisions.

I know MSI removed A-series APU support on their B350 motherboards with the 3rd generation CPU updated.

1st generation Ryzen CPUs still work on the Ryzen 3k BIOS of my MSI B350, but MSI just removed the prettiness of the BIOS due to the ROM size limitation.

bmw321

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
Wait it out.
Cool thanks, just hoping I didnt brick it

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This may be possible, but I don't see the 1st gen support removed in the notes of any of the BIOS revisions.

I know MSI removed A-series APU support on their B350 motherboards with the 3rd generation CPU updated.

1st generation Ryzen CPUs still work on the Ryzen 3k BIOS of my MSI B350, but MSI just removed the prettiness of the BIOS due to the ROM size limitation.
That's it! ROM limitation.
I took a look at the bios files on the product page too, and didn't see any mention of it. Perhaps Asus left it out, or the OP bricked their board...

Reactions: NightHawkRMX