[SOLVED] Update BIOS help (ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS WIFI)

AntyCrix

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
I've been trying to update my BIOS and I don't want to mess this up so I won't make my computer unusable.

Basically what I've tried doing
  1. Going to this website and downloading the proper BIOS file (in this case Version 4021)
  2. Dropping the downloaded BIOS file onto an empty flash drive (both without and with renaming the file)
  3. Restarting my computer and opening the BIOS
  4. Switching to Advanced mode, going to Tools, then ASUS EZ Flash Utility
  5. Clicking on the downloaded BIOS update (in this case both with the renamed file and default BIOS named file)
But in both instances I've received the same error: This is not a valid BIOS file

I'm trying to update my BIOS because I've purchased a new CPU and this CPU cannot run with the currently installed BIOS. It needs the latest BIOS update to work with the motherboard.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong? All help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
But in both instances I've received the same error: This is not a valid BIOS file
Download it on another pc, or in your phone, unzip it there, and copy the file. sometimes when a browser or the os mess up with download it could causes it. my friend having similiar issues with downloading the bios on his pc, but i downloaded the same file from the mobo web page in my laptop in his home internet, it worked.

Also for asus, choose the biosname.cap that came from the web itself (without renaming) if you're not using bios flashback
Download it on another pc, or in your phone, unzip it there, and copy the file. sometimes when a browser or the os mess up with download it could causes it. my friend having similiar issues with downloading the bios on his pc, but i downloaded the same file from the mobo web page in my laptop in his home internet, it worked.

Also for asus, choose the biosname.cap that came from the web itself (without renaming) if you're not using bios flashback

Solution

AntyCrix

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019

Thanks for your help but if I was smart enough I wouldn't have needed it.

On the ASUS website I was looking for the BIOS update under the board without wifi. My board has wifi, and I eventually found the correct BIOS version for my particular board.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I appreciate the help.