[SOLVED] Update Bios with the same version

Whatta Treeat

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
Hello ! as the title said, i would like to confirm if i flash my bios with the same bios version. it that will effect anything? or it just clear up the data and install again.

Solution
If you are on the latest bios, you can not go back according to the notes on the current bios:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H410M-H-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
For bios f2:
  1. Checksum :
  2. Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
    Credits to "Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne"
  3. Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.
    Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns.

If you flash with the same bios, nothing should change.
But why do so?
You can always reset a bios to default.
Each flash carries a risk of permanent failure or at least difficulty in recovery if the...

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

Make and model of the motherboard you're working with?

it that will effect anything? or it just clear up the data and install again.
What BIOS version are you working with at this moment of time? Might I also ask why you'd want to reflash the BIOS with the same version? Might want to try and clear the CMOS as a primary step...as opposed to flashing the BIOS with the same version.

Whatta Treeat

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
Happy New Year!

Make and model of the motherboard you're working with?

it that will effect anything? or it just clear up the data and install again.
What BIOS version are you working with at this moment of time? Might I also ask why you'd want to reflash the BIOS with the same version? Might want to try and clear the CMOS as a primary step...as opposed to flashing the BIOS with the same version.
Hello thanks for you reply! currently i only have this motherboard H410M H V2, it is on the updated version of the bios. Well tbh, im planning to downgrade my bios (going to f2a). well i really want to find out, what would happen if you flash your bios with the same version or downgrade it. i also want to question this out, if i can downgrade my mobo bios?

Lutfij

Titan
When looking up the motherboard you've mentioned, I see these two PCB revisions;
note that the two are not the same when it comes to BIOS versions.

To add, no, I wouldn't downgrade the BIOS unless you're having severe stability issues with your platform. Ofc, that also means that none of your other devices are at fault to produce a severe stability issues.

Last edited:

Whatta Treeat

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
When looking up the motherboard you've mentioned, I see these two CB revisions;
note that the two are the same when it comes to BIOS versions.

To add, no, I wouldn't downgrade the BIOS unless you're having severe stability issues with your platform. Ofc, that also means that none of your other devices are at fault to produce a severe stability issues.
hmmm so we can still downgrade the bios?

If you are on the latest bios, you can not go back according to the notes on the current bios:
For bios f2:
  1. Checksum :
  2. Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
    Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns.

But why do so?
Each flash carries a risk of permanent failure or at least difficulty in recovery if the process is interrupted

Why do you think you want to downgrade the bios?

Solution

Whatta Treeat

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
For bios f2:
  1. Checksum :

But why do so?
Each flash carries a risk of permanent failure or at least difficulty in recovery if the process is interrupted

Why do you think you want to downgrade the bios?
Well thats why im worried if i would downgrade my bios. but yes, thanks to your helps! i learned many things in this thread!