Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I have a gigabyte gaming 5p, and an i7 6800k. I need to update the bios using qflash, but I dont know what components need to be in or what to do. I had the cpu removed, ram installed in slots 1&2, a gtx 1080, and my aio plugged in but not mounted. Whenever I try to turn it on, it will try for a few seconds and shut off, and repeats this. I've found videos of others doing it, but there's not one that goes in depth. Please help!

"A. Before You Begin 1. From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your motherboard model.
  1. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. X99Gaming5P.F1) to your USB flash drive, or hard drive. Note: The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.
  2. Restart the system. During the POST, press the key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can access Q-Flash by either pressing the key during the POST or pressing the key in BIOS Setup. However, if the BIOS update file is saved to a hard drive in RAID/AHCI mode or a hard drive attached to an independent SATA controller, use the key during the POST to access Q-Flash. "

Jan 19, 2020
"A. Before You Begin 1. From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your motherboard model.
  1. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. X99Gaming5P.F1) to your USB flash drive, or hard drive. Note: The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.
  2. Restart the system. During the POST, press the key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can access Q-Flash by either pressing the key during the POST or pressing the key in BIOS Setup. However, if the BIOS update file is saved to a hard drive in RAID/AHCI mode or a hard drive attached to an independent SATA controller, use the key during the POST to access Q-Flash. "
Thanks for the fast response, but it won't post