[SOLVED] Update Comodo Antivirus Virus database ?

AlexN.Q

Reputable
May 24, 2019
Hello, I have several computers that use Windows XP and Comodo Antivirus. In the past few days, it no longer receives virus database updates. Works only with manual update. (help - about - import virus database). I want to know if I can make it automatically get the updates from a local folder or through the local network?

Last edited:
Solution
As I understand your post, the requirement is to manually download the Comodo Antivirus update to a given network folder from which all of the XP computers will in turn upload the update. Correct?

Getting "automatic updates" is dependent on the currently installed Comodo Antivirus software being able to do so (get the update from a designated network folder) as well as the mostly obsolete Windows XP likewise supporting such activity.

Do you see any error messages, pop-up windows, etc. when the updates "fail"?

As for automatic, most likely you would need some script, batch file, or macro to simulate the manual update process provided that that is even still possible.

Check the following website link...

Ralston18

Titan
As I understand your post, the requirement is to manually download the Comodo Antivirus update to a given network folder from which all of the XP computers will in turn upload the update. Correct?

Getting "automatic updates" is dependent on the currently installed Comodo Antivirus software being able to do so (get the update from a designated network folder) as well as the mostly obsolete Windows XP likewise supporting such activity.

Do you see any error messages, pop-up windows, etc. when the updates "fail"?

As for automatic, most likely you would need some script, batch file, or macro to simulate the manual update process provided that that is even still possible.

Check the following website link:

https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-924-12508-Update-Settings.html?af=10725

Hopefully the cause is simply some mis-configuration.

More information needed I think.

Solution