Update Error Message...!

Hello

I just did the latest Microsoft Update on July 3, 2005 and now I keep
getting an alert message via "Spy Bot's" SD Residence. You can view the alert
message at:

http://artisgraphics.com/alert

Any information or help would be appreciated.

Should I approve of the change and why, and also why does it keep appearing?

Thanks

Coastal Eddy

Allow the Change.

dumprep 0 -k

KernalFaultCheck:
%systemroot%\\system32\\dumprep 0 -k

Dumprep.exe = Windows Error Reporting Dump Reporting Tool

You can disable this....
Right click My Computer | Properties | Advanced tab | Under Startup and
Recovery | Settings button | Under System Failure | UNCheck: ? Write an
event to the system log | Under Write debugging information | Select (None)
| OK | Apply | OK

? Write an event to the system log = dumprep 0-k
[[Specifies whether Windows will write event information to the system log
when the system stops unexpectedly.
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to set
recovery options.]]

Write debugging information:
[[Specifies what type of information Windows should record when the system
stops unexpectedly, and the name of the file that holds this information.]]

Dump file:
[[Provides a space for you to type the name of a log file that Windows can
use to write the contents of system memory when the system stops
unexpectedly.
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to set
recovery options.]] %systemroot%\MEMORY.DMP is the default.

If you have other, serious problems, then dumprep 0-k is automatically
enabled.

If you have Error Reporting enabled, this entry may show up for the first
time after your PC has experienced a Windows XP dump crash, or an Office
XP or Internet Explorer 6 crash where you were prompted about sending the
crash results to Microsoft.

To disable Error Reporting....
Right click My Computer | Properties | Advanced tab |
Error Reporting button | ? Disable error reporting

Also.
Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
Scroll down to and double click: Error Reporting Service | Apply | OK
-----

From...

-k is a kernel fault check
-u is a user fault check

Generally the latter is seen when a user changes the default options in the
startup and recovery settings to a small memory dump.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User