Update: Intel Expands Our Battery Usage Testing At CES 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Please tell me the "Metro" reference in IE10 does not mean some forced Win8/Metro style interface. They've lost enough users to other browsers, do they want the rest to jump ship?

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]Please tell me the "Metro" reference in IE10 does not mean some forced Win8/Metro style interface. They've lost enough users to other browsers, do they want the rest to jump ship?[/citation]

It's not "forced". On w8 you get applications specifically designed for touch input. Basically, you have two versions of IE10: the "regular" desktop one and the "Metro" version. The latter has re-placed the URL / search bar at the bottom and has larger, finger-friendly buttons. It also hides its bars for a full-screen browsing experience, which comes in handy on smaller tablet screens. Oh, and I don't use it. Dunno why, but it just doesn't appeal to me :p

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
AMD should never had sold the (Imageon) Adreno to Qualcomm.. they should have been gaining business in the mobile business by now... Ruiz was a @*!!@$$...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Was interested to read about the predictions for this year.

In order to get the 5-10 hours of gameplay, Tegra 4 would need to run between 3.8 and 7.6 W. We're immensely curious to see if the company can do this.
Anand estimated a 8w TDP for a quad core A15, i think it was the Exynos....with that in mind...i think you're indeed right about your estimate...

The yellow line is the time he's gaming.

Intel claims that its Haswell architecture will be exerting influence in the same space as quad-core Cortex-A15-based devices by the end of the year.
True...Ivy Bridge's already dipped to 7w...

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]So... you list those 3 SoCs as defining the 2013 tablet space and completely ignore:1) Samsung's A15-based Exynos2) AMD's TemashThe heck?[/citation]
We didn't have that hardware on-hand in Vegas, but certainly would like to add those numbers!

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
The only noteworthy point i see here is how much Tegra3 sucks.
Makes me wonder what the hell was MS thinking when it chose T3 as the heart of their main product, and a showcase of WinRT. Has MS management gone completely crazy ?

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]vy Bridge's already dipped to 7w...[/citation]

That was marketing BS. FUD 101.
Read the updated reports, which clearly say that those chips are 13W really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS