(Update: Now Available For Pre-Order) A Protoype No More, MSI VR One Backpack Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
I like the concept, but the high price, and lack of high-end video card, mean I'm still better off tethered to a regular PC.

I've always dreamed about writing a blackjack program using augmented reality to count cards.

The hardest part was obviously having the hardware and efficient enough cpu power to support such a "project" and have it run in real time.

With this I may just be a step closer.

PS: I know it says vr and not augmented, just another step to tackle.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
i asked the last time i saw this, but i forget the answer.

Do they make docks or anything for this? the price seems high, but if this was used as a VR backback and then when you were done playing, you could dock it on/under your desk and use it with monitors... that doesnt seem so bad at all

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
They're definitely ahead of the market, on this one.

What it needs is some "big room" VR apps or games. Because, when the wireless HMDs hit the market, next year, these will suddenly be without a niche. But wireless can't really do big rooms or outdoors, so that's where these would shine.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think this will work out great in the Winter as a holo-lens system. Back will be so warm, plus you can look so cool with a backpack and goggles.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
If they did it right, there should be an open gap between the part that contacts the user and the PC compartment. That should mostly prevent heat conduction between it and the user.

And, of course, Hololens is self-contained. It has a PC built right into the HMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.