[SOLVED] Update or buy a new PC?

May 30, 2020
Hello,

I have and old PC and I would be glad to listen your opinions about to update it or save some money for a new PC.
My PC specs are:

Motherboard: Asus H61M-F
Processor: Core i3- 3220.
graphic card: Gigabyte GT 1030 2GB GDDR5
Storage: Crucial SSD 240 GB
PSU: Generic One
Ram: 8 GB DDR3 1333 ghz.

I update the SSD and graphic card 6 months ago, now I'm considering to update the graphic card PSU because I'm from Bolivia and here in my city it's expensive to build a CPU, for example a 500$ dollar cpu that you could be buy in amazon, here worth like 650 or 700$. So it's better to buy a PS4 here because you can find a PS4 in 350$ haha.

My question is this: Which would be the best graphic card without bottleneck the processor? I can find GTX 1050 here and GTX 1050 Ti. is it possible to use radeon graphic cards with my PC? I appreciate so much your help, greetings.

Solution
Hello,

I have and old PC and I would be glad to listen your opinions about to update it or save some money for a new PC.
My PC specs are:

I update the SSD and graphic card 6 months ago, now I'm considering to update the graphic card PSU because I'm from Bolivia and here in my city it's expensive to build a CPU, for example a 500$ dollar cpu that you could be buy in amazon, here worth like 650 or 700$. So it's better to buy a PS4 here because you can find a PS4 in 350$ haha.

My question is this: Which would be the best graphic card without bottleneck the processor? I...
Hello,

My PC specs are:

My question is this: Which would be the best graphic card without bottleneck the processor? I can find GTX 1050 here and GTX 1050 Ti. is it possible to use radeon graphic cards with my PC? I appreciate so much your help, greetings.
i would go for the 1050Ti,upgrade the ram to 16gb (make sure to buy the same stick u are using curently) and the psu.You should be aware that your cpu is the bootleneck here.Go to some sites and look for a i5-3570k which shouldnt be more than 50-100$.I have a ih61m board and i had a i3-3240 and i bought a i5-3570k last week and its a beast of a budget cpu+i had 8gb of ram which i upgraded to 16gb 2 weeks ago and a r9 380 4gb that i bought 5 or 6 months ago so as you can see we have similar sistems.I would suggest you follow my upgrade path since we have a budget and you will be able to play games like warzone on some medium settings at 60fps and above.For the psu i would go for something with 500W and a 80+ efficiency certification since more wattage wont be needed for you build.I suggest CX550:https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA

Reactions: Exsilium
Solution
May 30, 2020
i would go for the 1050Ti,upgrade the ram to 16gb (make sure to buy the same stick u are using curently) and the psu.You should be aware that your cpu is the bootleneck here.Go to some sites and look for a i5-3570k which shouldnt be more than 50-100$.I have a ih61m board and i had a i3-3240 and i bought a i5-3570k last week and its a beast of a budget cpu+i had 8gb of ram which i upgraded to 16gb 2 weeks ago and a r9 380 4gb that i bought 5 or 6 months ago so as you can see we have similar sistems.I would suggest you follow my upgrade path since we have a budget and you will be able to play games like warzone on some medium settings at 60fps and above.For the psu i would go for something with 500W and a 80+ efficiency certification since more wattage wont be needed for you build.I suggest CX550:https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA
Thank you very much ! This is more than I expected!

Reactions: Dj0gany
What games do you play? If you play new AAA games like BFV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, etc, then you should go for a full upgrade because your CPU is quite old and insufficient for such games, they get bottlenecked on even 4 core CPU's, yours is 2 cores. I would suggest upgrading to a ryzen 3100 or 3300X, which is 4 core 8 threads, it's still not ideal but since you are on a budget and parts are expensive, it's the least you should go for right now. If possible, try to get a 6 core Ryzen processor, even if it's an older generation one( Ryzen 5 1600, 2600, 3600 or their 'X' variants). Otherwise, go with Ryzen 3 3100. This means you will also need new motherboard and RAM, and definitely get a new PSU. Rest of the parts can be reused with a fresh Windows installation.

Here's a list for a price estimate, and these may be higher than normal prices due to the pandemic:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($72.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $237.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-31 22:07 EDT-0400

Didn't include PSU because they are either way too overpriced or not available, but the recommendation by Djoza is good, you can also get the 450 W version of the same PSU because your system won't need 550 W.

Reactions: Dj0gany