Question update windows on laptop without battery charge

aaroneus

Honorable
Oct 3, 2016
I'm running into the issue that windows will not update itself or allow firmware updates unless the battery is charged to at least 40%. This is a major issue as my laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) is in major need of a firmware update to run properly.
Ultimately, this is a battery issue that I will send to get resolved. In the mean time, to have a properly functioning PC, how can i bypass the requirement to have battery charge to run updates?
I have also tried directly updating through the BIOS but that requires a 20% battery capacity which I cannot achieve.

How can I update my firmware without a functioning laptop battery?

Lutfij

Titan
In essence, you can't, it's a failsafe mechanism to prevent the user from bricking the system in the event that the power does cut out and there isn't battery backup.

You're going to need to replace the battery and then update the BIOS/firmware on the laptop. Same goes for HP and Dell laptops.

P.S: You can remove the battery at your own discretion but it won't change the fact that the system will want a battery backup when performing a BIOS update.