Updated AMD Software Catalyst, lost AMD drivers?

Josh8899

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
I got a message saying I should update my AMD Software Catalyst a couple weeks back and I never had the chance to except this morning, I updated it & rebooted my PC, got my resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 800 x 600 (I can't even change it back since there's only 1920 x 1440 and my monitors not big enough to handle that) and a message saying I have no AMD graphics drivers installed. What should I do now?

TStahler

Distinguished
I would check your computer for viruses and malware first. Then I would clear all AMD drivers from your system. Then, I would go to the AMD website and make sure that you download the newest stable driver for the graphics card you have and the operating system you use. Make sure that you choose the right driver, whether it be 32 or 64 bit according to your operating system installed on your computer.

Cheers!

TStahler

Distinguished
Yes, Then if necessary, Go under the C Drive under programs and delete the program files located there that are associated with it as well. Completely purge the old AMD files from your system and start fresh with new ones directly from the AMD website.

Josh8899

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014

Just did this - same result

I even downloaded the drivers I had before I updated.

My GPU is ATI Radeon HD 5570 and I use 64 bit

I skipped the scan for virus/malware part because I did full scans using Microsoft Sec. Essentials and Malwarebytes last night.

EDIT: Am I perhaps installing it wrong? I just press the Express option instead of the custom one since I have no idea what "stuff" I want.

Josh8899

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
So I tried to uninstall the AMD Catalyst thing and upon restarting my graphics card seems to be back? My resolution is back to normal and my dxdiag actually shows my card now

Do I absolutely need this Catalyst program?