Updated BIOS, computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Molcos

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
So I've updated my BIOS for my gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V, the computer loads to the point where it says start in safe mode or normal mode, if i select normal mode it resets and loops round to the same point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes that is what has happened, whenever you update your bios firmware to a new bios revision number.

The bios is set back to factory default mode settings.
And you have to setup the Sata mode in your bios again.

Along with any other settings that you changed when you first bought the motherboard and put the system together and ran it for the first time 808.

Ahci mode for the Sata ports, set the boot device order for hard drives ect.
Enable legacy detection of usb devices, and set the type of audio out put for the rear I/O sound ports, and also the two front audio ports of your system case if you have them.

808Molcos

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
So I've accessed the bios and made what changes I can see to, based on your suggestions, not making any difference though. Maybe I'm missing something?
Unfortunately I bought this desktop 2nd hand (cheap) so not sure what configurations where made upon it being built...

808Molcos

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 808Molcos : "Updated BIOS - Windows won't launch"

So I updated my BIOS for my gigabyte h61ma-d3v with bios version f7c. Now I can't load up windows at all. I get the option to laugh safe mode or normal. Upon selecting normal the system reboots and ends up in the same place. I have entered BIOS and set SATA mode selection to AHCI, don't know what else to do... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS