Question Updated bios from B450M PRO-VDH MAX BIOS for my new CPU (Ryzen 5 5500) and pc wont boot

Jan 14, 2023
Hello, have a question
i bought a new processor (ryzen 5 5500) and i have B450M PRO-VDH MAX, so i downloaded to the last bios version (7A38vBG) and updated but the pc wont boot, what can i do now? should a updated for the ryzen 5 5500 bios version(7A38vBE)? or its not a bios problem?

specs

Ryzen 5 1500x
RX 570
8gb ram(2x4)

Jan 14, 2023
After updating the BIOS with your original CPU, did you shutdown and swap in the new CPU? Did you also reset the BIOS at that time?

Did you update directly in the BIOS or via Windows?
i didnt reset my BIOS, but yes i updated directly in the BIOS and after restarting i went there to verify if it was really updated and it was

im thinking about resetting my bios from the motherboard , but if i do that do i still have to update the bios right? because if i reset my bios is going to be back to the factory bios version right?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023
Is that with the original or new CPU installed?

Also, is your display connected to your GPU (video card) or one of the video ports attached to your motherboard?
i reset my bios with my actual cpu one, then without even turning on i just removed my old cpu and put my new on and then i tried to turn on but didnt boot

i tried to connect with the display port and hdmi in my gpu ports

i reset my bios with my actual cpu one, then without even turning on i just removed my old cpu and put my new on and then i tried to turn on but didnt boot

i tried to connect with the display port and hdmi in my gpu ports

What did you do to reset the bios?

What you really need to do, is 'clear CMOS'. You can do this by following this: JBAT1: Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS) Jumper. MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS, 7A38 | Manualzz

Once done, try again, and let us know what's happening.

PS you must do it like this. If you skip steps it may not work. SO follow the instructions closely.

Jan 14, 2023
What did you do to reset the bios?

What you really need to do, is 'clear CMOS'. You can do this by following this: JBAT1: Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS) Jumper. MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS, 7A38 | Manualzz

Once done, try again, and let us know what's happening.

PS you must do it like this. If you skip steps it may not work. SO follow the instructions closely.
i did that on the JBAT1 and removed the battery

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cQpgsTwMg&ab_channel=SomTips

thats what i did and didnt work