Updated my Bios and install it (Asus Maximus XI formula)

Jan 27, 2019
So i downloaded the bios - from asus maximus XI formula website and rename it m11F.cap

i went to bios asus flash utility and took the update and it was suceed. and it shut down and reboot again. now i have 0703.

but i cant see my samsung ssd m2 anymore on boot system, i discard and exit and went back on bios again nothing showing ssd. (i already installed windows btw.)

what to do now? (i did not take a backup bios)

https://imgur.com/a/8dUgP7X picture showen

Updating BIOS sesets BIOS settings.
You have to restore several settings to previous values, to be able to boot again:
  • sata controller mode (ide,ahci,raid),
    boot mode (legacy/csm, UEFI),
    boot priority list.

What is the model name of your SSD? Is it M.2 form factor?

Jan 27, 2019

https://imgur.com/a/ZCiDid5

samsung 970 evo 1TB m.2

Jan 27, 2019

i am not expert on bios - would you please guide me on step by step metode?

In BIOS
  • Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\M.2_1 Configuration
    Make sure it's PCIE mode or Auto mode. If it's already on Auto, then try PCIE.

Also in BIOS check under:
  • Boot\Fast Boot (may need to set this to disabled).
    Boot\CSM (if your windows was installed in legacy/CSM mode, then set this to enabled).
    Boot\Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices (set this to value before BIOS update. If you don't remember, then try both options - Legacy only and UEFI driver first. Probably should be UEFI first.)

Jan 27, 2019

would CMOS solve the problem easy?

which one to choose
1. Can i install from 0703 bios to older version to see if it is fixed?
2. Remove ssd m.2 from motherboard and do cmos?
3. Remove ssd m.2 from motherboard and start the pc to see if it notice there no ssd and than turn it off install it and see if it Works?
4. Or should i just put Windows usb and and see if my ssd m.2 boot priotires appears?

thanks man for trying helping me, i also sent a support email to asus nordic, probably gonna take 1-2 days before the answer my issue