Updated Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard Drops Macro Keys, But Improves Fingerprint Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
I have the BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2014 edition. After a year and a half of using it, I'm not seeing any fingerprints on the keys or base, but maybe I'm missing it. My keyboard is a defect one anyway, it has two "M4" keys.

Build quality is pretty good, but the only reason I even ended up going with this keyboard was for the macro capability. Then I found out how terrible the software was for it, and how you CAN'T use any of the advanced functionality without the software. So, I'm not sure what I'll do next time. Hopefully this one will last to its acceptable lifespan.

My point is who are they targeting with this? Macro keys are INSANELY useful if you are doing any sort of more-than-casual gaming, if not just to take the tedium out of certain actions you perform routinely. And making a gaming keybaord that doesn't really appeal to gamers seems... strange.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
My point is who are they targeting with this? Macro keys are INSANELY useful if you are doing any sort of more-than-casual gaming, if not just to take the tedium out of certain actions you perform routinely. And making a gaming keybaord that doesn't really appeal to gamers seems... strange.

I don't disagree that the lack of macros might be an issue for many users. Razer told me (I added a note to this effect in the text) that it decided to remove the macro keys for this version based on community feedback. Guess they weren't listening to you, though!

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013

This accurately describes my relationship with Razer... Maybe they ARE a good company, we just never, ever see eye to eye.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
what a piece of "gamerized" sh!t.

this garbage should not be worth more than $50.

same goes to logitech's mechanical keyboards.

if you goign to spend over $100 on a keyboard, might as well go with ducky or Das ultimates.

Haunted Abyss

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
why the hell would anyone buy this when a 2011-2013 Black widow has all these features and More like MACRO KEYS .. FFS razer

clockworkavatar

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
less functionality, BUT HEY, its more fingerprints resistant? What? this pants on head retarded. are there people out there that actually worry about having finger prints, on a device, whps sole purpose, is to haves its buttons pushed by fingers.

clockworkavatar

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
less functionality, BUT HEY, its more fingerprints resistant? What? this pants on head retarded. are there people out there that actually worry about having finger prints, on a device, whps sole purpose, is to haves its buttons pushed by fingers.

clockworkavatar

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
less functionality, BUT HEY, its more fingerprints resistant? What? this pants on head retarded. are there people out there that actually worry about having finger prints, on a device, whos sole purpose, is to haves its buttons pushed by fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.