Question Updated Title: BSOD after upgrading Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alone_Boy_

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
Hi. Today I've replaced my ryzen 5 1600 cpu with a new ryzen 5 3600 cpu. I placed ryzen 5 1600's Wraith Spire cooler on 3600 for better cooling. But I've booted up my system and saw cpu heats up and down instantly between 40 and 60 degrees when running idle and also cpu fan runs slow and fast instantly. To make a test, I've ran 7-zip software and do a compressing using 10 cores of cpu and oddly temperature were stable at 57-58 degrees and cpu usage was around %84-88. When I ran a game temperature ups and downs instantly. I updated my bios to the lastest gigabyte f50d version, updated chipset drives, I've applied thermal paste correctly and placed cooler. Do you have any ideas?

My specs:

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming mobo
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 cpu
Gskill ripjaws 2x8 16 GB 2400 MHz ram
Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080 gpu
Corsair RM750 PSU

Since ryzen CPU have up to 50 sensors on them and the Avg temp is recorded from all 50 (its the highest at the time), its impossible to know the actual temp of the CPU as its ever changing. I stopped trying. Win 10 also has no idea how fast my CPU is so I operate on the theory if it hasn't exploded yet its okay.

if you keep getting bsod, let me know and I can look at the dumps.
Use RyzenMaster...it has an averaging readout that best reflects the thermal state. Also HWInfo64 has a die average temperature readout that's also effective.

Yes, I've got another bsod about 15 minutes ago. It's says: "attempted execute of noexecute memory". Can I upload the dumps directly here or I have to use an upload site?
With that error you're most likely experiencing memory corruption.

Do a CMOS reset to completely clean out any flaky BIOS settings for memory that might be causing issues. Run the system a bit like that and see if any BSOD's pop up. Only if none occurr should you attempt memory overclocking, and then only using XMP.

Last edited:

Alone_Boy_

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
I ran Memtest86 for 3 hours 15 minutes and it didn't find any errors. So, can we say RAM's aren't the issue here?

Edit: BTW I've encountered another bsod just now. This time it says: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" last two bsods happened while watcing youtube videos.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Use RyzenMaster...it has an averaging readout that best reflects the thermal state. Also HWInfo64 has a die average temperature readout that's also effective.
yeah, I do

BSOD
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

I ran Memtest86 for 3 hours 15 minutes and it didn't find any errors. So, can we say RAM's aren't the issue here?

Edit: BTW I've encountered another bsod just now. This time it says: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" last two bsods happened while watcing youtube videos.

Ummm....no. I've run memtest86 on overclocked RAM for over 4 hours...two complete cycles...and it still BSOD'd on me. It can happen.

Did you do a CMOS reset? Trying to chase through dump files to figure out what's wrong in Windows is an exercise in futility if you have misconfigured hardware.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/2ocd65tf/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:102520-7140-01.dmp (Oct 25 2020 - 09:10:49)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 57 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File information:102520-7140-02.dmp (Oct 25 2020 - 14:23:15)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Comment: I would temporarily uninstall DAEMON tools while you wait for more answers.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-rev-1x/support#support-dl

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: Alone_Boy_

Alone_Boy_

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
Well, maybe I should make a clean Win10 installation, start over and see what will happen. I don't think it would be a bent pin because I've checked it before installation.

BTW previous chipset versions on gigabyte's site includes all drivers for mobo: sound, network, raid, all of them. so they had big size.

InvalidError

Titan
I've once had an intermittent DRAM bit on a DIMM that didn't error until the 5th or 6th pass. They can take a while to find, so I usually run memtest86+ for a minimum of 10h whenever I get new DIMMs.

The only time I didn't, I ended up spending over a week sifting my data for corruption due to said intermittent bit corrupting a bunch of stuff thanks to Windows' default weekly defrag schedule which I also turned off after this incident to reduce the likelihood of a repeat.

gardenman

Splendid
Please post a new .ZIP (or new folder) each time, otherwise I have to go back and try to figure out which dumps I've looked at so far. Thank you.

I ran the 2 new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/3hnp0k9z/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:102620-7546-01.dmp (Oct 26 2020 - 13:48:16)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: UninstallMonitor.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:102620-7187-01.dmp (Oct 26 2020 - 14:08:38)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Please post a new .ZIP (or new folder) each time, otherwise I have to go back and try to figure out which dumps I've looked at so far. Thank you.

I ran the 2 new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/3hnp0k9z/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:102620-7546-01.dmp (Oct 26 2020 - 13:48:16)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: UninstallMonitor.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:102620-7187-01.dmp (Oct 26 2020 - 14:08:38)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)
If I understand the output, the probable cause is memory corruption...right? Not much interepretation is involved as the big clue is the line:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

So the question becomes - what would cause the memory corruption?

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Memory Corruption could be multiple things and caused by multiple things. It could be bad physical RAM. It could be that a driver has tried to modify memory that didn't belong to it. It could be a bad spot on the hard drive where the virtual memory is written.

I just print out what the debugger says and I can't control what it says. In most cases it says "memory corruption", but occasionally says "hardware_disk" too.

Colif is the one who interprets it so he may have additional comments about it.