Question Updated to windows 10 yesterday - now monitor says "no signal"

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

Yesterday i updated from windows 7 to windows 10, and everything went smoothly.

Today, ive turned on my computer, and im getting a 'no signal' message on my monitor. This has never happened before. Im using a Displayport to Minidisplayport cable, connecting an acer 40inch 4k monitor to a Nvidia gtx 970.

When i connect the monitor via VGA to the motherboard, it works fine.

Any ideas how i can get the displayport connection working again? It must be related to the windows 10 update surely?

I have updated the nvidia drivers.

Thank you in advance

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

Yesterday i updated from windows 7 to windows 10, and everything went smoothly.

Today, ive turned on my computer, and im getting a 'no signal' message on my monitor. This has never happened before. Im using a Displayport to Minidisplayport cable, connecting an acer 40inch 4k monitor to a Nvidia gtx 970.

When i connect the monitor via VGA to the motherboard, it works fine.

Any ideas how i can get the displayport connection working again? It must be related to the windows 10 update surely?

I have updated the nvidia drivers.

Thank you in advance

lynx1021

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016
Have you tried the other outputs on the graphic card,HDMI, DVI?, look in your device manager under display adapters an see what it shows. 10 might not have installed the right drivers.

Jan 2, 2020
Have you tried the other outputs on the graphic card,HDMI, DVI?, look in your device manager under display adapters an see what it shows. 10 might not have installed the right drivers.
I have tried the DVI output on my graphics card, and it works perfectly. I just checked in the device manager under display adapters and it shows Intel HD graphics 4600, and Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. Both have drivers are up to date.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS