Question Updated to Windows 21H2, now external 4K monitor won't go over FHD

ma_gub

Prominent
Jul 12, 2020
Hello,
I have an LG 4K monitor (27UL500) that I was using as external monitor for my laptop MSI Prestige 14 evo (with intel Xe graphics).
I only have 2 Usb C ports, so I had an USB Hub to which i connected both the power and the monitor, to keep the other usb free. I used a normal HDMI cable from the Hub to the monitor and it worked fine.

Actually I found out 4K@60 was supported only with Displayport (due to the monitor, not the hdmi cable I'm using), so I bought a usb-c to Displayport cable but the screen goes black sometimes, so I don't use it/ don't at that resolution.

Anyway, I prefer to keep one usb-c free, so I've been using the monitor through the hub at 2560x1440@60 resolution.

I updated the intel graphics drivers today, to the newest version, and there were no problems at all.
I decided to upgrade to Windows 21H2, no particular reason behind it, just to get it out of the way since windows kept reminding me for some months now, but it seems I've screwed up.
Now the usb hub still works for power and for example external usb drives, but where on display settings it says "Active signal resolution" there is 1920x1080. I remember that before updating, with hdmi it said 3840x2160 (even if it was @30p).
Any suggestions?
Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS