Updates turned some settings on

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Not sure if I was the only one who received some updates yesterday on Windows 10. But somehow after the updates, some of the settings were turned back on like Cortana etc etc. (I just hate when something like this happens like a company "purposely" want to get into your personal stuff legally) - However, does anyone know how to disable the auto-update and allow me to choose what to installed instead? I think the window auto updated itself.

Solution
Yep, par for the course for Window 10 unfortunately.

Windows 10 gives you no control over what does and does not update, you can kind of schedule when, but even then the OS has the ability to override it.

In short there is no completely control of Windows 10, you get far more with Enterprise version of the OS, but even then it is not 100%.
Yep, par for the course for Window 10 unfortunately.

Windows 10 gives you no control over what does and does not update, you can kind of schedule when, but even then the OS has the ability to override it.

In short there is no completely control of Windows 10, you get far more with Enterprise version of the OS, but even then it is not 100%.

Solution