[SOLVED] Updating Acer E1-451G Insyde bios without battery, possible?

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Battery is dead when i bought it (here is the problem i got), i want to upgrade the cpu to A10-4600M (or A10-5750M if possible) but i'm afraid it's not compatible if the bios is not updated first. i'm currently at bios version 2.10 and the latest is 2.15. I tried this method but platforms.ini keep generating even though the folder and files inside it is read-only (i guess that explains read-only attribute do nothing with folder). Second method i tried is rename the file from BIOS 2.15.exe to BIOS 2.15.zip extract it, do that method again, and got the same result. Third method is open command prompt on that folder, type BIOS 2.15.exe /forceit, and again same result. Here's the file, in case someone can modify it.

Thank you

Solution
No chance you're getting anything moving forward with that BIOS without a physical battery plugged in and(if memory serves me correct) at least 85% charge on said battery. So he answer is no. Same story with Asus, Lenovo, HP and Dell laptop's. Might want to re-read this post.

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Best answer is already marked, but please give me one more time to deliver this information, so i bought the cpu and the battery but the battery came 3 days later after the cpu arrived so i got bored and tried upgrading it without battery and it's work just fine without updating the bios, oh about the bios if you have bios version 2.10 DO NOT UPDATE IT, I REPEAT DO NOT UPDATE IT, it's the best bios version this laptop has, i found an old Indonesian E1-451G group on facebook and many member say some problem occur after bios update, what problem? Some say blank screen, some say overheat, etc. Meanwhile those who still use bios version 2.10 never meet problem like that. For the driver i use Catalist 14.7 RC3, so thank you for your time. As always, sorry for my bad grammar.

Edit: Further information, i found a comment mentioning 5750m on this bios version, well since it the BEST bios version you can plug it in and enjoy your new processor but be aware of the temperature i got some report it almost reach 80° during gaming and you need atleast 19v 4.74A adaptor (i use 3.42A actually but it run just fine using both 8750m and 7660G but still i don't recommend it), once again sorry for my bad grammar.

Last edited: