Updating BIOS not working

Trent2166

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Well, I'm typing this on my phone so cut me some slack. I'm not sure if I should post my system specs, but my build is on my profile.
Anyways, the problem I'm having is this. Today, randomly, my PC wouldn't boot. At first it had been going to the windows 10 screen where the blue logo appears and it shows the little loading thingy spinning at the bottom. Even then it would just continuously show the loading screen and not do anything, but now it's showing overclocking error. I haven't overclocked and I don't run XMP either. I did a system recovery earlier and that worked. However, shortly after I shut my PC off out of habit and was right back in the hole. So if anyone can help me out it would be VERY appreciated.

I've tried updating the BIOS however after it gets done processing it's turns itself off. Then it boots back up and says "Updating BIOS don't power off etc etc" However at this stage it will boot itself on and off several times. Then it will boot on and go to the windows logo which I will be stuck at again. And after all that it doesn't even update the BIOS.

PC Specs:
i7-5930k
Asus Rampage V Extreme
980Ti SLI
Windows 10
Corsaur Dominator Platinum 32Gb DDR4-3200

Lutfij

Titan
1| You didn't include your PSU and the storage devices for your system.
2| Have you tried removing your motherboard battery and replacing it after 15 minutes?
3| Without any BOOT device connected you should be able to see your BIOS and if that is the case you can manually update your BIOS using a thumb drive formatted in FAT32 file system. Per your manual, page 1-5.
4| Might I ask how you migrated to Windows 10? Off the free upgrade path or a licence key? It's advised to disable automatic device driver updates and then make any and/or all driver updates manually sourcing drivers from manufacturer's site.
5| After you've recovered from the ordeal, make sure to run repair install after #4.