[SOLVED] Updating BIOS order?

Solution
Sorry,it was just a generalised question about BIOS. I have a x570 i aorus pro wifi motherboard with a ryzen 5 3400g. The motherboard's BIOS when I first bought it was f3, i did update it to f4,(and to be honest,im not planning on doing more updates unless I update my cpu at a later date.) Ive updated all the drivers but the BIOS I havnt updated are f5, f6b, f10 and f11 being the latest update. So if,hypothetically i wanted to update, i would have to do them in sequence starting from f5 and not just jump straight to the f11 update, correct?
If your PC is stable and works as expected, DON'T update. Just because there are newer files is not a good reason to do BIOS update, IMO. If there is no required feature in a BIOS version...

kanewolf

Titan
When you update Bios, there are several different updates, am i right in thinking you have to work through them in sequence and not just jump to the latest at the top?
It depends on the specific board you have and the current BIOS version you have. You might have one update to do or you might have to do a driver update and four BIOS updates to get to the most recent. You will have to provide more specifics about your hardware and current version.

Sorry,it was just a generalised question about BIOS. I have a x570 i aorus pro wifi motherboard with a ryzen 5 3400g. The motherboard's BIOS when I first bought it was f3, i did update it to f4,(and to be honest,im not planning on doing more updates unless I update my cpu at a later date.) Ive updated all the drivers but the BIOS I havnt updated are f5, f6b, f10 and f11 being the latest update. So if,hypothetically i wanted to update, i would have to do them in sequence starting from f5 and not just jump straight to the f11 update, correct?

kanewolf

Titan
If your PC is stable and works as expected, DON'T update. Just because there are newer files is not a good reason to do BIOS update, IMO. If there is no required feature in a BIOS version then you have minimal to gain and a lot to risk.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
So if,hypothetically i wanted to update, i would have to do them in sequence starting from f5 and not just jump straight to the f11 update, correct?
It depends. Not all boards and updates are the same.
There is no generalization.

Some motherboards would require you to go from F5 to F6, then to F11.
A different board might allow from F5 direct to F11.

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS