Updating Bios to solve BSOD with Shogun 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igglesworth

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hello, I just bought Total War: Shogun 2 and whenever I try to start it, i get a BSOD at the splash screen after a few seconds. I have an AMD FX 8120 processor which is apparently known to have this issue. When I try to update my BIOS from the gigabyte website for the GA-970a-UD3 motherboard I download the @BIOS utility, extract it, and then run the setup. However after i do this, It still shows that I have the F4 version of the BIOS instead of the newest F6 version in CPUz. Anyone know how to get it to properly update my BIOS?

Solution

most times i expand the bios file onto a usb stick and reboot and flash the bios from the onbord bios flasher that built into the bios. (some new mb have two bios and you have to make sure both of them are...

most times i expand the bios file onto a usb stick and reboot and flash the bios from the onbord bios flasher that built into the bios. (some new mb have two bios and you have to make sure both of them are flashed).

Solution

Igglesworth

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Ok, I barely follow what you said there. Where do i find this onboard Bios flasher? Also I should note that when i download the BIOS F6 version from the website it just says its incompatible with my version of windows, which is Windows 7 64 bit. only when i use the @BIOS utility does it actually run, however without actually updating the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.