Updating BIOs with no display

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just finished installing all the hardware in my new build and when I tried to boot I didn't get any video output. As far as I can tell from googling and reading comments it's because the BIOs of my board isn't updated to a point that supports my processor, but what do I do? How do I update BIOs without having a display or access to the BIOs? Thanks

Hardware list:
MSI GTX 1070 Ti Armor 8gb
Intel i5-9600k
2 x 8 GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 MHz CL15
ASUS Prime Z370-P
Corsair RM750x
Corsair H100i V2
Crucial MX500 (500GB)
Fractal Design Define R6

Solution
You will need an 8th gen Intel CPU to update the bios on your z370 motherboard. You cant update it with a 9th gen CPU. AMD had a loaner program to update the bios on their boards, but I have not heard anything from Intel about a loaner program.

If you know someone with an Intel CPU, borrow theirs and update the bios. If you don't, check with some computer shops in your area to see if they will update the bios with an existing 8th gen CPU.

If those options don't work, return your z370 motherboard and get a z390 board. It will work without a bios update.
You will need an 8th gen Intel CPU to update the bios on your z370 motherboard. You cant update it with a 9th gen CPU. AMD had a loaner program to update the bios on their boards, but I have not heard anything from Intel about a loaner program.

If you know someone with an Intel CPU, borrow theirs and update the bios. If you don't, check with some computer shops in your area to see if they will update the bios with an existing 8th gen CPU.

If those options don't work, return your z370 motherboard and get a z390 board. It will work without a bios update.

Solution
Oct 24, 2018

That was what I was afraid was the answer, only thing i have laying around is a 4th gen i3 which won't do me much good. Oh well, thanks for the answer, do you have an idea of how I can check what BIO update is currently installed just to verify that this is actually the problem?