[SOLVED] Updating BIOS without a battery on an Asus laptop

decaying_presence

Reputable
Dec 27, 2018
Opened device manager and saw that my system firmware couldn't start, so I decided to try update it which worked. Restarted my pc for the update, and when my laptop was booting up I was greeted by a beautiful asus flash 3 utility thing or whatever. Message said that I needed a battery that is charged 20% or more. Currently don't have a battery for this laptop, and neither am I planning to buy one. Is there any way to bypass this message?

Solution
Probably not, the BIOS firmware is probably coded to no run an update without a battery installed so you cant accidentally brick the computer if teh AC adapter comes out or you lose power in any way.

Check Amazon or eBay for a cheap no name brand battery, usually they are 15-30 usd, at least they are for Dell, HP etc.
Probably not, the BIOS firmware is probably coded to no run an update without a battery installed so you cant accidentally brick the computer if teh AC adapter comes out or you lose power in any way.

Check Amazon or eBay for a cheap no name brand battery, usually they are 15-30 usd, at least they are for Dell, HP etc.

Solution