[SOLVED] Updating BIOS

Sep 20, 2020
Hi everyone,
Ever since I updated my drivers through NVIDIA Experience, my stability while gaming is basically gone.
Now I have updated all my drivers and according to AVG Drivers Update they are all up-to-date and my game is still annoyingly unstable.
I've tried updating my BIOS myself, but altho it was installed through BIOS, it hasnt actually updated.

I'm using H110M PRO-D 7996 motherboard.

Most important question is above all, will updating my BIOS(it dates from 2016) make my games run more smoothly again or not at all?
(if updating bios would be a help, if anyone could help me figure out how to update it, i would really appreciate it.)

Also Google Chrome doesn't run super smooth either, but idk if that has anything to do with my PC.

Using Geforce 950, 8gb RAM
Also I have set my PC back to factory settings yesterday.

Huge thanks for any information and help

Solution
Anyone suffering from these problems after updating with NVIDIA..
Have a look at your NVIDIA 3D Control Panel settings..
They overwrite your gamesettings for some reason, which means whatever settings you have in your game, NVIDIA Control Panel will overrule these with the settings you have over there.
That fixed my issues.

Thanks for the responses
Try downloading your graphics driver directly from nvidia and doing a clean install.
Driver helpers may install tracking so they can make money; you do not want that.
I don't think the extra tracking of nvidia experience is helping either.
You may want to do a custom install, selecting only what you actually need.
No 3d support, sound, nor nvidia experience.

As to a bios update, I think it is very unlikely to be part of your problem.
The msi site is slow or unresponsive today so I can not see what more current bios updates fix.

Google chrome is a notorious consumer of ram; 8gb is likely not sufficient for you.
Try a different browser or buy a 16gb ram kit.

Sep 20, 2020
Try downloading your graphics driver directly from nvidia and doing a clean install.
Driver helpers may install tracking so they can make money; you do not want that.
I don't think the extra tracking of nvidia experience is helping either.
You may want to do a custom install, selecting only what you actually need.
No 3d support, sound, nor nvidia experience.

As to a bios update, I think it is very unlikely to be part of your problem.
The msi site is slow or unresponsive today so I can not see what more current bios updates fix.

Google chrome is a notorious consumer of ram; 8gb is likely not sufficient for you.
Try a different browser or buy a 16gb ram kit.

Downloading the driver now atm and see how that goes.

Curiousity question.. Whenever im gaming, my memory is around 60% usage.. would that be a cause of my FPS fluctuation?

Thanks in advance

Not likely.
Windows manages ram contents.
It always wants to keep some completely free for unanticipated demands.
Along the way, it will keep unused code in ram in anticipation of possible instant reuse.

FPS can vary for a number of reasons. Usually cpu or gpu.
I suspect your cpu is older and is not as strong as you might want. Also, your gpu may not be up to meeting your expectations.

Sep 20, 2020
Not likely.
Windows manages ram contents.
It always wants to keep some completely free for unanticipated demands.
Along the way, it will keep unused code in ram in anticipation of possible instant reuse.

FPS can vary for a number of reasons. Usually cpu or gpu.
I suspect your cpu is older and is not as strong as you might want. Also, your gpu may not be up to meeting your expectations.

Thanks for responding.

I've always been happy playing my games, until the NVIDIA Experience decided for a drivers update.
I think it has changed some settings inside my PC. (My personal experience, not based on facts tho)
Example; I used to play with 200 FPS, which is perfectly fine for me, but at this moment im playing around 110 and it tends to go down whenever I'm moving my crosshair towards new objects(I don't know the english word for this)
I looked up a few things myself and saw some settings which allow you to choose between quality and performance inside NVIDIA itself..

My question is; Perhaps if anyone has a suggestion in what settings I should look into, I would definitely look it up and thanks for all the information given.

Sep 20, 2020
Anyone suffering from these problems after updating with NVIDIA..
Have a look at your NVIDIA 3D Control Panel settings..
They overwrite your gamesettings for some reason, which means whatever settings you have in your game, NVIDIA Control Panel will overrule these with the settings you have over there.
That fixed my issues.

Thanks for the responses

Solution

Latest posts